[scribus] Q: how to remove colour stop

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Wed May 20 15:33:24 CEST 2009

a.l.e said the following at 05/20/2009 12:40 AM :
> hi doc,

>>> Downwards
>>>
>> Please consider making this more neophyte-friendly.
>>
> please consider making a suggestion on bugs.scribus.net :-)

I'll try to do that later today.

> i guess, that it would a good idea to change the cursor to a "x" (or
> something tells the user that she is going to delete the color stop),
> when it is too far away from the gradient axis...

Really, I think the whole "drag it away" paradigm is pretty alien. One
should be able to delete the stop in at least two other ways, because that
one is so peculiar:

1. Just hitting "delete" when the stop is selected.
2. Right click when the stop is selected should bring up a menu with at
least two entries: (a) "delete"; (b) a colour wheel.

I'm not certain that converting to an "x" would be much help to the user
who doesn't already know about how this works, since he would, like me,
stop trying to move in a vertical direction the moment that he sees that no
such movement takes place, so he would never move very far away from the
initial vertical location.

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR