[scribus] Q: how to remove colour stop

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Wed May 20 01:00:08 CEST 2009

Christoph Schäfer said the following at 05/19/2009 05:59 PM :
> Am Mittwoch, 20. Mai 2009 00:07:29 schrieb D. R. Evans:
>> Christoph Schäfer said the following at 05/19/2009 05:11 PM :

>>> It's on p. 121 of the manual. Place the cursor above a gradient stop,
>>> press the left mouse button and drag the stop away.
>> Drag it where?
>
> Downwards

OK!!! Thank you.

So here's the problem with the interface as it currently stands... there is
NO VISUAL FEEDBACK when you try to move a stop vertically. There's no way
to know that vertical motion isn't completely ignored.

Please consider making this more neophyte-friendly.

(I honestly can't think another program I've ever used that behaves like
this: if I pick up an object and its movement is constrained to one
dimension, I don't expect that the software is actually taking note of
motion in the perpendicular direction. I don't think it's reasonable to
assume that the user will understand what's happening in the current
interface.)

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR