[scribus] Scribus launch halts at Scriptplugin

laurin Mckinnon basil493 at tpg.com.au
Thu May 14 00:33:35 CEST 2009

I've recently rebuilt a machine [MSI-PX8 NeoV, P4 2.8GHz, 2GB ram],
clean install of Fedora 10, and a clean install of Scribus 1.3.5svn.
Twice. In both rebuilds Scribus fails to start reliably, hanging at
Scriptplugin. [CPU jumps to 100% then varies 70>100%, computer locks up,
need to 'kill' Scribus process to release.] Disabiling Scriptplugin in
preferences has Scribus launching every time ok. Fedora and everything
else seem normal. I'm guessing I've a problem with a support program but
I've checked and all are at or above version requirements. Any thoughts
where I should go next? Thanks