[scribus] Right-justify doesn't

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Fri May 8 01:23:58 CEST 2009

Scribus 1.3.5 Beta April 19 on Ubuntu Jaunty x86_64

I have a workbook that I am laying out in side by side pages. The page
numbers are on the outside upper corner of the page. The page numbers
are in a one-line text frame on the left and right master pages. The
frame for the left page is normal left justified. For the frame on the
right side master page the text is right justified in Story Editor.

This ought to work perfectly, and it almost does. The frame on the left
master page is fine. The page number on the right master page is not
quite all the way to the right edge of the frame. It is as though there
is a space between the page number (# marker) and the end of the line.
But there is no space. And the frames are not set to have an inside
offset.

The frames are 400 points wide, so I tried setting a right tabulator at
399 points instead of right justifying the text in the right side
frame. This was even worse, as the page number not only did not go any
closer to the right edge of the frame, but it also jumped up about
three points above the baseline. Weird.

I can't find any mention of this in the bug tracker. That doesn't mean
it's not a bug - it may mean that it has never been reported or that I
am too stupid to find it.

Any suggestions?