[scribus] Baseline Grid

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Wed May 6 21:21:27 CEST 2009

On Wed, 6 May 2009 11:43:36 -0700
John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> dijo:

> 1.3.5 Beta, April 19, on Ubuntu Jaunty.
>
> OK, I figured out how to create the baseline grid. There it is on the
> page in all its glory.
>
> Now what do I do with it? Does it have a function? Is it just for a
> pleasant visual experience as I design, or can I make things snap to it
> somehow?

Never mind. I figured it out.

There is a bug in the Manage Styles dialog box. When you use the
drop-down for line spacing it should show options for Fixed, Automatic,
Baseline Grid and something else that I can't remember. Usually not all
of the items appear. You have to click on the drop-down several times
and each time you will get different items appearing. Also sometimes
some of them are in bold and others not.

Once I found Align to Baseline Grid the purpose of the Baseline Grid
became apparent.