[scribus] Change bar

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Tue May 5 03:51:03 CEST 2009

Am Montag, 4. Mai 2009 23:44:22 schrieb John Jason Jordan:
> On Mon, 4 May 2009 15:22:55 -0600
>
> Steven Dayton <daytonmeister at gmail.com> dijo:
> > Is it possible to anchor a ruled line or any other object (drawing or
> > bitmap image) to a paragraph?
>
> I don't think so. I've looked everywhere in 1.3.5svn for that option
> and have not found it. Being able to anchor graphics to paragraphs or
> text would solve a lot of problems for me, not just the problem with
> the change bar.
>
> I would be pleased to death if someone would tell me I am wrong.

Hi,

As a summary response to the previous discussion: It is possible to insert any
item in Scribus into a text frame. You just have to copy an item to the
clipboard, place your cursor in the frame and then insert the item with
Ctrl+V. Caveats: the item will behave like a character, which means it will
also move like a character. Also note that to edit the size and the position,
you have to select the inserted item like a single character and use the text
tools.

It's currently not possible to anchor objects _outside_ a text frame to a
paragraph.

HTH

Christoph