[scribus] Change bar

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Mon May 4 19:45:31 CEST 2009

I need to make several isolated paragraphs in a story have a change
bar. I can't find it in the wiki, which means either the feature
doesn't exist, or it's called something else in Scribus.

|  A change bar means putting a (usually heavy) bar
|  to the left of a section of text, so as to mark it out
|  as different from the rest of the story. I have made
|  this paragraph look like it has a change bar by
|  manually editing it using the pipe character in front
|  of each line. In reality a change bar is a continuous
|  line, and is typically a paragraph attribute.

Is there a way to do this in Scribus? If not, is there a workaround?
What might be the best way to accomplish this effect?