[scribus] Can't close style manager window

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sun May 3 01:29:26 CEST 2009

On Sun, 3 May 2009 00:53:02 +0200
Craig Bradney <cbradney at zip.com.au> dijo:

> >> Doesn't pressing F3 work either?
> >
> > I didn't try F3 because I didn't know of that shortcut.
> >
> > I should also add that after I restarted Scribus the OK button was no
> > longer grayed out. I did lots of editing of styles and the OK button
> > was always available. Apparently whatever caused it to happen was a
> > one-time thing.
> >
> > I searched the bug reports and didn't find this specific bug, although
> > I did find reports of a couple other windows that displayed the same
> > behavior. I'm guessing it's something in the interaction between
> > Scribus and Gnome / Metacity on standard Jaunty. I've never had this
> > happen with any other window in any other application, so it
> > definitely
> > seems to be a Scribus problem. Something is wrong, but it may be
> > minor.

> It is a difference between Qt 4.4 and Qt 4.5.. current SVN should have
> our work around in, as of yesterday.

Ah. I was wondering if I should file a bug report. Good to know that it
has already been handled.

I do intend to make a list of enhancement requests, though. Stuff like
having the story editor open to the same place it was instead of always
opening at the beginning of the story so you have to scroll down to
where you were. But I don't know how much time there is before 1.3.5 is
released. Maybe I should hold off if stuff like that can't get in
anyway.