[scribus] Is there a way to update page numbers in text?

Ryan Grace ryan at familygrace.com
Sun May 3 00:14:31 CEST 2009

Hello,

Not sure if this list is active or not, but I'm going to post my question and see.

I'm wondering if there's a way in Scribus 1.3.3 to have page numbers listed in the document's body update when content is moved to a different page.

For example, I'm putting together a guide of sorts.  It will be a listing of businesses with one business per page.  On each business's page will also be listed the 5 nearest businesses that are listed on other pages in the same book.  So I want to be able for each of the businesses in the "nearest neighbors" listing to list the page number in the guide that that business's listing is on.

However, the page numbers are not set in stone yet as I put it together and may change.  So I'm wondering if there's a way to insert a pointer to a page in the text that will update when the number of the page it points to changes.  That would save me from having to go back and update each page by hand with the new page numbers when one business's page number changes.

Thanks much for any tips you can share,

Ryan