[scribus] Waiting for the Manual in the UK

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Sat May 2 20:26:45 CEST 2009

On Friday 01 May 2009 05:33:02 am Keith Abraham wrote:
> Has anyone residing in the UK received their copy of the
> manual yet? I ordered my copy in January and I've still not
> received it. I gathered from the Scribus website that I should
> have received my copy by the 10th of April but here it is the
> 1st May and I'm still waiting. Also, unless I'm missing
> something, there doesn't seem to be any further delivery
> updates on the Scribus site.
>
> What's more FLES Books don't respond to my emails so I'm
> beginning to smell a rat in that quarter. They boast of having
> "ethical practices" but in reality it appears that don't
> practise what they preach. Certainly not a firm I could
> recommend to anyone.

The book itself is nicely done. But I note from the ISBN that it
is taken from a block of 10, which is extraordinary for a
publisher.  I have a block of 1,000 and haven't published my
first book yet. Fles books was incorporated in September 2008
and the Scribus Manual is probably their first publication.

I have the feeling that there are publishers on the list who
could have handled the distribution more expeditiously.

--
John Culleton
Check out: