[scribus] Combining Files?

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Sat May 2 06:02:21 CEST 2009

> Thanks for the reply. I am using 1.3.3.12 and need to combine several
> Scribus files into one book. Can I import?

No

You can go a fairly roundabout way by transferring everything to the
scrapbook, then bring all the scrapbook objects back into the master
document.

But as I said in the previous message

If you were using 1.3.5, you would simply be able to import
all those files to make one new file

1.3.5 beta was recently released, see http://www.scribus.net/?q=downloads

A note of warning. If you have created the files in 1.3.3, and you
open and then save in 1.3.5, those files cannot be opened in 1.3.3
now. So
 a. backup all your 1.3.3 files
 b. save your 1.3.3 files opened in 1.3.5 with a new name

Note also that images are not stored as such in your sla files, only
relative references to them. So if you make a new directory for you
1.3.5 files, you will have to reimport the images

Owen