[scribus] Combining Scribus Files

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Fri May 1 04:49:15 CEST 2009

> I am writing a book wit 22 separate chapters. Each is a separate file
> and each contains images. I want to bring these together so that I can
> produce:
>
> Page numbers
> Table of Contents
>
> Would appreciate some help.

Hi,

You don't say what version of Scribus you are using.

However, if you were using 1.3.5, you would simply be able to import
all those files to make one new file

1.3.5 beta was recently released, see http://www.scribus.net/?q=downloads

A note of warning. If you have created the files in 1.3.3, and you
open and then save in 1.3.5, those files cannot be opened in 1.3.3
now. So
 a. backup all your 1.3.3 files
 b. save your 1.3.3 files opened in 1.3.5 with a new name

Note also that images are not stored as such in your sla files, only
relative references to them. So if you make a new directory for you
1.3.5 files, you will have to reimport the images

--

Owen