[scribus] Vertical alignment?

Steven Dayton daytonmeister at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 20:29:31 CEST 2009

I know you say that the scripts probably only work with 1.3.5 but since I
working with 1.3.3.13 I thought I would give the centering one a go and got
some unexpected results. The results after running it on a small text frame
containing a few lines of text was the text dissapeared. A large setting of
130 points was set to the top and bottom margins of the text frame so as to
pinch the type out of view. I haven't tried it out in 1.3.5.

Steven

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 6:04 AM, a.l.e <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch> wrote:

> hello

> i'm not one of the devs, either... but the author of the script which
> vertically centers the text in a frame:
>

> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Adjust_a_text_frame_to_fit_its_content#center_.28vertical.29_align_the_content_of_a_text_frame
>
> the script only aligns the text in its current state. so if you add more
> text, it won't be centered anymore: it's a static alignement.
>
> the API which is available for scripting doesn't enable a dynamic centering
> and in the current state of scribus, it wouldn't make much sense either.
>
> the scripts i wrote, work probably only with 1.3.5 and are still a proof of
> concept and not (yet) ready for production.
>
> the implementation is indeed not very complicated, but what is a bit more
> difficult is to implement the right features in the right way (what happens
> when the text flows between several chained frames? ...)
>
> you're welcome to play on them and report (to me? in the wiki) any problem
> you see.
>
> depending on the feedback i receive, i may implement the features in
> scribus' "main code".
>

> have fun
> a.l.e

mmm Bread. From wheat to eat.