[scribus] stable sort of (was "No mails...)

Carl Symons carlsymons at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 16:24:27 CET 2009

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 4:00 AM,  <scribus-request at lists.scribus.net> wrote:
> MS Word could not handle it so I switched to
> Scribus. The only annoying is the speed. To save takes so much time that I
> can have coffee in between. But that is not because of Scribus but on
> account of my 3 year old XP desktop. Might need a new one.
> Ermin de Winkel

Your situation describes part of the design of XP...Microsoft are in
league with Starbucks, part of a plan to run the world from
Seattle...in a kind of jittery way.

There is no "might" to it. You definitely need a new computer. It's
not clear who besides yourself needs convincing, but feel free to
quote from the scribus list that you must have a new computer.

It will need lots of RAM, storage, and especially the best sound and
graphics because all the important bits in the world are being
delivered by broadband directly to you. If you go this way, then it
will be at least 3 1/2 years before another is needed.