[scribus] page margins

michael crane mick.crane at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 14:45:21 CET 2009

2009/3/22 John Culleton <john at wexfordpress.com>:
> On Thursday 19 March 2009 03:02:03 pm michael crane wrote:
>>  I want to do a 4 page tabloid layout.
>>    the printer wants me to send single page pdf's of the
>> page without the border (just the printed area)
>>    I'd like to lay out the inside pages next to each
>> other with the borders so I can see what's happening.
>>    what's the best way to do both things ?
>>    Crop to printer margins or something when exporting to
>> pdf ? regards
>>    mick
>
> That is a wierd requirement. Consider using another printer.
> If that is not feasable you could try laying it out the way
> you want it, then going back under Page>page properties and
> reduce the margins to zero for the second version.

If it is unusual that explains why nobody on IRC could easily
understand what I was asking.
I have not had much experience dealing with printers. I could not
understand that it could be industry standard to lay something out
without seeing what it would look like. reducing the margins doesn't
do it. the only way would be to *crop* the pdf to the margins but that
is not available.
I think I'll try your first option.
cheers

mick