[scribus] scribus Digest, Vol 12, Issue 35

Phil Ward skeggy78 at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 21 00:21:25 CET 2009

Hi group

OSX Tiger PPC 10.4.11, 1.3.5 SVN 9th march, GS 8.57

i know im going to sound daft here, but i downloaded some of the
artwork/templates from the link below and tried to open it via the
file>open on the normal toolbar (like i would any other program) and
it didnt seem to open the file? even changed the version format, etc...

so i just created a blank page, clicked a text box, and then wrote a
word or 2, and saved it? again no dice on trying to load.

Drop & Drag from finder window into the scribus grey area on and it
loaded as it should? (apart from clicking open etc), even double
clicking the file, which again normally in my experiece would open
the program and then the file, only give opens scribus and then gives
you the options box for a new file?

Am i doing something wrong?

cheers
phil