[scribus] text styles

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sat Mar 7 18:55:18 CET 2009

Michael Harvey wrote:
> It seems impossible to use more than one text style on any one line in
> one text box. So to print one line containing different styles, say
> the first word in small print and the next words in larger print or
> different font, I would need to use two, or more, text boxes to form
> the one line. Is this correct? I have Ver. 1.3.3.12.
It can be a bit cumbersome to do things like this, which is why in
1.3.5svn this has led to Paragraph Styles and Character Styles.

In 1.3.3.x, you can only apply one Paragraph style per paragraph (not
per line). BUT, you can modify the font within that paragraph by
highlighting it in Edit Contents mode or in Story Editor. If you apply a
Paragraph Style to the highlighted text, the whole paragraph changes,
but if you only change the font and its characteristics, only the
hightlighted text is modified.
So, in summary, one Paragraph Style per paragraph, but you can edit
character by character manually within that paragraph.

Greg