[scribus] scribus as pasteup device

Steven Dayton daytonmeister at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 21:18:37 CET 2009

I just tried this out in 1.3.5.

Shift-Alt doesn't constrain the frame to a square. In fact I tries several
combinations of Shift, Ctrl, Alt and none of them constrained the frame to a
square. For me that is not such a bad thing.

Ctrl-Alt: scales text and frame while keeping the aspect ratio.
Ctrl-Shift: scales just the frame.
Alt-Shift: scales just the text.

Ctrl-Z does undo but only partially. I change the size of a frame and with
it the horizontal width (scale) of the characters. Ctrl-Z did undo the frame
size change but left the width of the characters scaled wide.

This is all with just the frame selected. I find I have to double the text
frame and select all of the type and set the width and leading back to the
original. I suppose that is where style will come in real handy for
resetting text properties.

Steven Dayton