[scribus] Font Problems Reported from Printer's Prepress Analysis

JohnReed Maffeo aldeveron at graffiti.net
Sun Jun 28 02:54:28 CEST 2009

Hello,

I just received a note from my printer's prepress. They are telling me "<the document I submitted>  has 3 fonts not embedded: CooperBlack, Fo0S0, Fo2S0". I am exporting my  files as PDF/X-3 from an IMac 10.4.11 from Scribus 1.3.5.svn Build ID: C-C-T-F-Q-Mac/Aqua Using Ghostscript version 8.61

I have no idea what Fo0S0 or Fo2S0 are, and the Save as PDF dialog shows "Cooper Black Regular" in the Fonts to embed: section.

The fonts to outline section shows Century Regular, Optima Italic, and Optima Regular. I am using Century Regular and Optima Italic in the document

Note: The Fonts to embed: section also shows Arial Regular which I can not find in the document, which is a picture book of 40 pages and there is not a lot of text.

Questions:

1. Is there a way that I can search for fonts in Scribus to see where the reference to Optima Regular and Arial are coming from?

2. I guess that Fo0S0 and Fo2S0 are referring to the outline fonts that are being used. Is that correct

3. Do I need to avoid using outline fonts?

4. Any suggestions?

Thank You,

John-Reed Maffeo