[scribus] OT Interactive PDF

Steven Dayton daytonmeister at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 17:47:03 CEST 2009

It all depends on what you want it to do as far as the interactivity is
concerned. Since Acrobat 9 now has the Flash player capabilies built into it
there may be lots of possibilities for some really spiffy interactivity. I'm
no Flash developer so I don't know everything that it is capable of. But it
is possible to embed swf files and embed movie and sound files in a PDF. You
can even embed 3D files in a PDF. You would need Acrobat 9 Pro Extended
which is a Windows only version in order to bring in 3D pieces.

It is possible with Acrobat Professional to reader enable a PDF file so
users with the free Adobe Reader can work with the document and save the
changes. You need to read the license agreement to know about the number
limitation which is at this time 500. Personaly I find the the legal stuff
hard to figure out.

You can find a lot of how to articles and videos on the Acrobat User
Community (AUC) site.

http://www.acrobatusers.com/

They also have some galleries of PDF that people have done and download the
PDF files. There is also a pretty good forum on the AUC site. They have also
been doing free monthly eSeminars on various topic which are recorded for
later playback.

StevenD