[scribus] Copy/Paste problem with 1.3.5svn on Mandriva 2009.1

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Sat Jun 20 00:43:52 CEST 2009

On Friday 19 June 2009 05:51:20 pm Louis Desjardins wrote:
> 2009/6/19 Frank Cox <melville.theatre at gmail.com>
>
> > On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 23:34:21 +0200
> >
> > alessandro rimoldi wrote:
> > > i wonder why the disributions are already taking 1.3.5svn as
> > > the current
> >
> > stable version...
> >
> > Fedora 11 is doing that.
>
> Is this the default installation settings?
>
> > scribus-1.3.5-0.12.beta.fc11
> >
> > If you want Scribus1.3.3.13 you currently have to compile it
> > yourself.
>
> Not good at all.
>
> Louis
>
> > --
> > MELVILLE THEATRE ~ Melville Sask ~
> > http://www.melvilletheatre.com
It depends. Slackware users routinely compile everything anyhow.

Those who use other distros need to yell loudly on their lists that
1.3.5rc2 or following is not and won't be stable. When it is
finally stable it will be called 1.40 or so I have been told.  As a
slack user I have no problem compiling everything. But those who
are raised to expect a stable binary when they say apt-get or its
equivalent have to let the people on
Debian/Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Mandriva/Red Hat/Suse/Whatever mailing lists
know the elementary facts as explained to us here.   If you want
stable you don't want 1.3.5.  It took me a while to grasp it but
I've got it now. 1.3.5 is forever unstable. 1.3.4 is both unstable
and abandoned. 1.3.3.13 is the only stable version.

If nobody else will I will take the message to some of those lists,
I will, at least  the Debian derivatives.

--
John Culleton
Create Book Covers with Scribus/e-book $5.95