[scribus] Colors of Scribus documents on a ColorLaserjet

Frank Pieczynski pieczy at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 12 21:55:34 CEST 2009

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 3:00 PM, Gregory Pittman<gregp_ky at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Look at the Color tab in PDF Export that says, "Output intended for: " where
> your choices are Screen/Web or Printer.
> In many cases, you will want to use Screen/Web. The Printer setting is for
> when you send to a commercial printer.

Hi Greg, you made my day!

There was already the setting "Screen/Web", but that inspired me to
try a PDF export and print that file instead from scribus directly. So
I exported the file with color management 'off', looks ok in kpdf.
>From there I started the print - the result looks great! From colors
comparable to the good result of kword.
So I think the problem is related in the scribus - cups interaction or
somewhere in that corner.

But I have now problem to export before printing into a PDF so for me
the issue is solved.

Thanks,
Frank