[scribus] Speed and CPU

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Fri Jun 12 18:15:25 CEST 2009

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 09:34:08 +0100
John Beardmore <John at T4sLtd.co.uk> dijo:

> John Jason Jordan wrote:
>
> > The results of the first command are very interesting, though. Your
> > suggestion may have led me to the source of the problem. Now if I can
> > just figure out the proper command to stop it from being so
> > conservative. :)
>
> Where does it say that it's conservative as opposed to conservative
> being one of the options ?
>

>  >WTH is that? Root doesn't have permission?
>
> But are you root ?  You have a '$' prompt rather than '#' by the look of
> it ?

You missed part of it (repeated here):

jjj at Devil7:~$
cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_governors
conservative ondemand userspace powersave performance jjj at Devil7:~$
echo ondemand > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
bash: /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor: Permission
denied
jjj at Devil7:~$ sudo echo ondemand
> /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor bash: /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor: Permission denied

The above got kind of messy as it went through e-mail programs, but
note that I used sudo, rather than change to root.