[scribus] Speed and CPU

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Fri Jun 12 02:13:47 CEST 2009

On Thursday 11 June 2009 07:49:18 pm Frank Cox wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 15:51:55 -0700
>
> John Jason Jordan wrote:
> > The more I poke around the more I think the problem is that the
> > CPU speed is being throttled back by something in Linux. I
> > looked in the GUI for power management and found nothing.
>
> http://www.lesswatts.org/tips/index.php

ON my Slackware system I can use a less intrusive GUI like xfce
instead of KDE and save some memory and cycles that way. What are
you running for a Linux version?

Also, if you app permits, subdividing  your book into several files
may have good effects.

--
John Culleton
Create Book Covers with Scribus/e-book $5.95