[scribus] Speed and CPU

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Fri Jun 12 01:44:09 CEST 2009

#
> The more I poke around the more I think the problem is that the CPU
> speed is being throttled back by something in Linux. I looked in the
> GUI for power management and found nothing. I don't understand why my
> MHz applet stays at 800 even when Scribus is trying to do something
> that must certainly be CPU intensive. I mean, occasionally it does go
> to 2.0 GHz briefly, but usually it stays at 800 even when I am
> patiently waiting for Scribus to do something.

Mindful that Scribus runs on a single CPU core, is you cpu speed
indicator showing you the speed of the fasted or slowest core ?

Can the core speeds vary independently on your CPU ?

When scribus is busy, what does this command show you ?

     cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep MHz

And when it isn't busy ?

Cheers, J/.
Energy Audit, Carbon Management, Design Advice, Sustainable Energy
Consultancy and Installation, Carbon Trust Standard Registered Assessor