[scribus] Where to put boost?

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Thu Jun 11 14:52:11 CEST 2009

On Thursday 11 June 2009 02:20:55 am Asif Lodhi wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> On 6/10/09, John <johnb316 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > If you plan on building boost from source on your Slackware
> > box, Eric Hammeleers, known as "alien" to Slackware
> > afficionados, has written a very good buildscript for building
> > boost ...
> > http://www.slackware.com/~alien/slackbuilds/boost/build/.
> > John B
>
> Could you please tell me (and other list members) the other such
> Boost building scripts for other platforms such as Windows,
> Fedora and Suse?
>
> TIA,
>
> -Asif

They may not exist. The Slackware community is a small but active
bunch. Because the creator of the Slackware distribution has chosen
not to include many recent packages of interest (like boost) and
because the exact placement of these packages is not trivial the
Slack community has offered many unofficial scripts.  Other
platforms have their own communities who may  not feel the need for
unofficial scripts.  Slackware has the combination of conservative
management and savvy users/enthusiasts to encourage techhies
like "alien" to fill in the blanks for the rest of us.

--
John Culleton
Create Book Covers with Scribus/e-book $5.95