[scribus] Problems in story editor

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Sun Jun 7 22:07:30 CEST 2009

On Sunday 07 June 2009 11:41:51 Bo Engborg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use 1.3.3.13 on Windows Vista.
> when I use paste in the story editor it is extremly slow (get a cup
> of tea-slow :-)
>
> Is there a way to get fron ordinaty mood to the correct place in
> story editor? When I am editing page 54 for example and opens the
> story editor it always gets back to the beginning of the text and I
> have to scroll down.
>
> Also when I write in the story editor and goes to my e-mail and
> back again, it usually (but not always) brings me back to the
> beginning of the text.
>
> Is there a way to copy text together with the format?

ODT text has its styles preserved.  And there may be styles you
created that you can call upon.

Given the way that Scribus works it may make sense to limit the flow
of text to  e.g, ten pages and then start a new string of linked
pages. That way you only need to go back ten pages at most.
--
John Culleton
Create Book Covers with Scribus/e-book $5.95