[scribus] Drag to select

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Tue Jun 2 19:19:29 CEST 2009

If you want to select multiple objects you can click on one of them,
hold down shift and then click on the others. Or you can drag around
all of them.

I tend to use the latter method more often. For one thing, once in a
while I "bump" an object when clicking on it and it moves a bit.
Dragging around things to select them eliminates this problem, and it's
usually faster as well.

So today I am trying to select some short little lines that are sitting
on top of a full-page text frame. The text frame has been sent to the
bottom and is locked. When I drag around the lines they become
selected, but so does the text frame, even though I did not completely
enclose it when I dragged. I want to select only the lines, not the
text frame.

Apparently if you drag over just part of an object it becomes selected.
I could swear that in the past I had to completely enclose the object
for it to be selected. Did this change in 1.3.5 Rc1?

Assuming that selecting an object happens even when you drag over just
part of it is by design, what is a good way to select just my lines
other than clicking on them one at a time while holding down shift?