[scribus] Finding Stuff in the Wiki and Manual

Craig cbradney at zip.com.au
Fri Jul 24 23:56:38 CEST 2009

Andrew wrote:
> Hi Craig,
>
> Thanks for your instructions, but I still can't get that to work.
>
> After the sudo command in Terminal, and entering my password, I get the
> following
>
>> Warning: Can't open index file for source:
>> rsync://rsync.macports.org/release/ports/
>> Error: search for portname ghostscript failed: No index(es) found!
>> Have you synced your source indexes?
>
> I really am at a loss.
>
> I know this isn't supposed to be a support list for installing
> Ghostscript, but I'm not sure where else to turn.

Returning from holidays...

The instructions say:

Mac OS X Package (.pkg) Installer

The easiest way to install MacPorts on a Mac OS X system is by
downloading the dmg for Leopard (Universal), Tiger (Universal) or
Panther (PowerPC), respectively, and running the system's Installer by
double-clicking on the pkg contained therein, following the on-screen
instructions until completion.

This procedure will place a fully-functional and default MacPorts
installation on your host system, ready for usage.
    If needed your shell configuration files will be adapted by
    the installer to include the necessary settings to run MacPorts and
the programs it installs, but you may need to
    open a new shell for these changes to take effect.

The MacPorts “selfupdate” command will also be run for you by the
installer to ensure you have our
    latest available release and the latest revisions to the “Portfiles”
that contain the instructions employed
    in the building and installation of ports. After installation is
done, it is recommended that you run this step manually
    on a regular basis to to keep your MacPorts system always current:

sudo port -v selfupdate

At this point you should be ready to enjoy MacPorts!