[scribus] Text layout on Scribus Manual

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Thu Jul 23 01:17:03 CEST 2009

I note that the typeseting on the back cover of the manual utilizes
optical alignment (hanging punctuation.) I would like to know what
version of Scribus was used for this text, and how one turns on
optical alignment in Scribus.

One of my buddies, an InDesign user, criticizes the first paragraph
for having oversized word spaces. He suggests that letterspacing
has been turned off. I am of the opinion, along with Goudy, that a
man who would letterspace lower case would steal sheep. However I
do think that the paragraph at a time justification method used in
both TeX and InDesign is the way to go.  Is that in the plans
somewhere?

--
John Culleton
Create Book Covers with Scribus/e-book $5.95