[scribus] Creating a booklet from PowerPoint (or OpenOffice equivalent) presentation

Murray Strome wmstrome at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 19 20:40:53 CEST 2009

Thanks, I should have read the documentation for pdftk as I see that it can do this, though I have to admit I did not figure out how to do it on my own. I have used pdftk, but up until now, I have just used the "recipes" provided by others. I have not tried it yet, but I did find this "recipe" to rotate all even pages 180 degrees:
----------------

			Sometimes
when the librarians scan papers/books to send me, they get the
orientation wrong and all of the even pages need to be rotated 180
degrees. The following script will do this:
#/bin/bash
# script for rotating all even pages of a document

# enough arguments?
if [ $# -ne 2 ]; then
         echo 1>&2 Usage: pdf-rotate-even input.pdf output.pdf
         exit 127
    fi

# generate a temporary directory
TEMPDIR=/tmp/pdf`date +%N`
mkdir $TEMPDIR

# rotate all even pages, keep the odd ones
pdftk $1 cat 1-endodd output $TEMPDIR/odd.pdf
pdftk $1 cat 1-endevenS output $TEMPDIR/even.pdf

# split the files...
pdftk $TEMPDIR/odd.pdf burst output $TEMPDIR/pg%04d_A.pdf
pdftk $TEMPDIR/even.pdf burst output $TEMPDIR/pg%04d_B.pdf

# ... and recombine them, "_A" and "_B" suffixes leading to the correct order
pdftk $TEMPDIR/pg*.pdf cat output $2

# cleanup
rm -r $TEMPDIR
at: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=927940