[scribus] flexible text box lenght

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Fri Jan 30 15:02:09 CET 2009

Chantal Rosmuller wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> How long wil it take before the  Scripter-NG  is fully implemented? Don't want
> to do a  lot of work for nothing :)

Well, I don't anticipate soon. Probably the advance to the next stable
release will happen before Scripter-NG gets expanded. What Henning
Schröder has done is to set up a more easy way to add commands:
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/GSoC_2008_Accepted_Applications#.3D_ScripterNG_-_a_new_scripting_plug-in_for_Scribus
> I understand your point but the situation is the following:
>
> I am writing a script to import wiki tekst files into scribus. I am doing this
> for an organisation that publishes books, a lot of writers work from home so
> writing in a wiki is convenient for them. The layout of the books (margins,
> text size etc) is always identical so it should be possible to build a script
> that automatically sizes textframes and applies styles. If the layout person
> has to do this manually for all books it will take a lot of time.

Interesting that you use this method, since it is exactly how we created
our manual -- you're right, this is a very expedient way to edit and add
to texts. You might contact Christoph Schäfer to ask how he managed. I
think what he did was to import the wiki text to openoffice.org, where
he applied styles, then imported to Scribus.

I think he said that openoffice.org has a wiki import feature.

Another method might be by using tagged text to create filters for
applying styles:

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Laying_out_articles

Greg