[scribus] Scribus review in LinuxFormat

Sveinn í Felli sveinki at nett.is
Thu Jan 22 11:14:58 CET 2009

Hi,

Yesterday I was rapidly going through the LinuxFormat
magazine (issue 114-january 2009) in a bookstore, when I saw
an article on how to make greeting cards in Scribus.
Intitulated something like "First steps" it was an intro on
some basic techniques; so far so good.
But - in the end it tells people to print their document via
the plain print option - no mention of a PDF workflow ?

So far, I've never managed to get decent output from Scribus
by issuing the "Print" command from the File menu; for sure,
that could be my printing environment to blame (tested on 2
different printers and 3 computers, 3 distros each). But
since printing from PDF's gives me great results, I always
thought that was the way to go.

Maybe the online documentation is not clear enough for new
audiences? Maybe a simple diagram could make life easier for
many?

Just thoughts...

Best regards,

Sveinn í Felli

P.S. talking about online documentation: the FAQ page at
http://www.scribus.net/?q=faq gives me an "Access denied
You are not authorized to access this page."