[scribus] Why might my message have been snipped?

"Sveinn í Felli (IMAP)" sveinki at nett.is
Tue Jan 20 08:57:03 CET 2009

a.l.e wrote:
> hi
>
>> well, what is it?
>>
>> On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 7:33 PM, Barry McKenna <bmcken at pobox.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
>>> Name: not available
>>> Type: text/enriched
>>> Size: 639 bytes
>>> Desc: not available
>>> http://lists.scribus.net/pipermail/scribus/attachments/20090119/ebc89480/attachment.bin
>
> well i think that mr mckenna should try to turn html messages off, if he wants to get his questions to reach us :-)
>
> just google for the name of your mail program and html to find out how to do it... (probably "outlook html")
>
> have fun
> a.l.e

No, Mr. McKenna is using eudora:
The attachment is named "attachment.bin" and does not
necessarily contain a virus, although all warning lights
should flash red when recieving such things.
If my memory isn't failing, I think those oooold Eudoras had
some funny sending formats, one could choose some Apple
specific ones, uuencode, base64 and BinHex wich may be the
problem here.

Maybe it's time to upgrade the client, latest versions are
at least in the 7.xx range.

Cheers

Sveinn í Felli