[scribus] Filling and saving in Acrobat Reader

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sun Jan 18 19:21:22 CET 2009

On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 17:45:11 -0000
"Luis Eva Ferreira" <luisef at clix.pt> dijo:

> I list
> Is it possible to create, in Scribus, a form with fields  to  be fill and
> "saved", or "saved as", in Acrobat Reader.
> Regards

Yes, you can. It has been a long time since I did so and I can't
remember how. However, although the user can fill in the fields they
cannot save the filled in form to hard disk. All they can do is print
it out. That is a restriction of Adobe Reader. The workaround is to
have the user install a "print to PDF" application. There are free ones
for Windows and Linux. I think it's built in to the MacOS.