[scribus] Help with "placed pdf"

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Mon Jan 12 13:11:00 CET 2009

hi

> BUT: when I print it on our copier machine, it will take a whole lotta
> more time printing these pages than any other pages (even if they have
> large pictures on them). To me this means that including a PDF into a
> PDF from Scribus means producing very "complicated" code the RIP will
> have to crunch on...

yes BUT: as i wrote before, those problems are only for the current
version... the future will be much brighter and 135svn already has an
experimental implementation of a "native" pdf embedding.

for now, just make sure that the resolution of the PDF is sufficient and
give your printer enough time for processing the bitmap :-) (the code is
not complicated but a 600dpi image may be really big for a consumer
printer!)

ciao
a.l.e