[scribus] Scribus, Ghostscript, and Mac OS X

stephanMac trash at hippopotamus.ca
Mon Jan 5 05:32:16 CET 2009

<you don't need ghostscript to print!
<
<you only need ghostscript for importing eps files (pictures) or to use
<the print preview.
<
<exporting to pdf is (imho) a good replacement to have a preview of your
<work (in Preview.app you can reload the current file) so: you may not
<need ghostscript at all!

----------------

You are right, one does not need Ghostscript to do PDF or to print, but one
need it to import EPS and preview (including in the printing dialog).

I am stuck exactly as the first person who launch the initial question. I've
try everything that was propose in the various reply (I did so before
finding this forum) but the MacPort refuse to install on my machine. I have
an Intel Imac running OSX 10.5.6.

I am trying to find a way to get a non profit organisation working with the
homeless to equip their machine with open source software since DP solution
such as Quark or Indesing are very costly.

Can anyone help ?

Stéphan