[scribus] Gimp/Scribus issues

Jeffrey Silverman jeffrey.d.silverman at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 18:07:12 CET 2009

Hey, I am there with you on that one.

"I was using Adobe and..."

Adobe what????? Adobe is a company, not a product. Photoshop is
usually meant, but it often means something about PDF's -- acroread or
Acrobat.

Thing is, some meatspace analogies are not equivalent, and maybe
that's part of the problem. You can say, for example, "I was driving
my Toyota and..." and people know you mean your car. You don't have to
say "...my Toyota Camry..."

ah, whatever. seeya...

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 11:49 AM, Henry Hartley <henryhartley at westat.com> wrote:

>>> I don't think your comment is off topic (well, technically,
>>> pedantically, nit-pickingly, I guess it is).
>>>
>>> Personally I read the statement as a typo or mis-typing. I
>>> understood it to read "...im using Microsoft. The GIMP is a
>>> program I use a lot..."  I only got that from the context of
>>> the rest of the posts.
>>>
>>> maybe I'm wrong!
>
> Could be. I guess I'm just tired of having people (my mother-in-
> law does this a lot) say, "I'm having a problem. I was working in
> Microsoft and it's not letting me..."
>
> Usually she means Word but sometimes it's Internet Explorer or
> something else and I have to figure it out from context. I love
> my mother-in-law so I put up with it. But from other people, I
> find myself being less patient.
>
> Now am I off topic?
>
> --
> Henry