[scribus] eps probably

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Tue Feb 17 21:34:06 CET 2009

michael crane wrote:
> 2009/2/17 Jan Schrewe <jschrewe at googlemail.com>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> If I understand your problem right, then you have created something in scribus
>> and want to edit it in photoshop? If all you need is a bitmap version of
>> this, my recommendation would be to export a pdf version of your document and
>> import that in Photoshop. Both scribus and Photoshop are better with pdf then
>> with eps, as far as I can tell.
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>

> yes thanks. But the pdf is not happy with transarency and sometimes
> puts black lines around some of the images.
> It's not a big deal. I hope I don't upset anybody with basic type
> questions for a day or two.

Whenever you are thinking that making an EPS or a bitmap of a Scribus
page so you can then apply some kind of operations to it, then import
back into Scribus, you're out on a limb and sawing the side of the
branch toward the tree.

There are so many things which are better done natively in Scribus. The
export capabilities of Scribus, except for PDF, are not designed for
high-quality results. I think you will find that retracing your steps in
Scribus and redoing things is better than these sorts of end-game fixes.

Greg