[scribus] icc printer profiles on windows

Sam the Cat sam_spam_cat at verizon.net
Tue Dec 29 12:49:05 CET 2009

It helps a bit.  Let me ask the underlying question.  When I print pictures
from Photoshop I tell the printer to "not manage colors" and I let photoshop
adjust the colors appropriately and all works well.  Can I do the same in
Scribus ?  I'd like color accurate renderings of my pictures which are now
part of scribus documents.

Scribus seems to allow me to edit and render to the screen in a number of
icc profiles (e.g. sRGB, ProPhoto ) but I am having trouble translating that
to print.

As a backup I guess I could do everything in sRGB and then let the printer
manage the colors hoping that it all works.  Thoughts ?

Cheers
Sam