[scribus] icc printer profiles on windows

Sam the Cat sam_spam_cat at verizon.net
Tue Dec 29 03:11:09 CET 2009

Hello,
   New user here.
    I am trying to understand and get color management to work in scribus running under win7.  I am stuck on the printer profiles.  I have all my profiles in the correct directory (windows wise) but under the documents preferences the printer profiles show a very limited set.  Tracing through the documents it appears I may need to set the path in the program preferences to the right directory.  When I attempt to do that I see the the icc profiles directory box is grayed out.  According to the docs I can find it says that this will be the case for versions of scribus not compiled to use icc profiles.......  I am running 1.3.3.13.

    Basic question -- how do I get to use the profiles on my system vice the ones that appear to be hard wired into the version I have ?

Cheers
Sam