[scribus] OT - Fontmatrix

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 01:32:33 CET 2009

On 12/28/09, John Jason Jordan wrote:

>>And the number of your bugzilla record on that is... ? :)
>
> It's not a bug. It's a badly designed feature.

This is a poor excuse, you know :) I mean really, if you never
complain about a bad design in a free software project, how do you
expect it to improve?

>>P.S. Did the search thing in Glyphs tab work for you? :)
>
> No, because:
>
> 1) You can't enter a Unicode value; you must enter the character name,
> yet most of the characters I need have no Unicode name, just a value
> and,

The tooltip actually says:

"Search a character by its codepoint (expressed in hexadecimal
and prefixed with "U+", "u+" or "+") or a glyph by its name.
Press enter after editing to run the search."

> 2) I need to check ~120 glyphs in each font, and the search thing in
> the Glyphs tab takes only one glyph at a time.

Ah, here is where I misread you. It looks to me like a perfect task
for Python scripting that is possible in Fontmatrix.

Alexandre