[scribus] getting fonts

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Thu Dec 24 07:19:53 CET 2009

Am Donnerstag, 24. Dezember 2009 07:04:00 schrieb Alison Saylor:
> Hello All!  Saved a project on a thumb drive because I was leaving my
> Linux desktop at home and using a borrowed MAC while out of town.
> They don't have a lot of the fonts I was using, mostly Norasi -
> regular, bold and italic.  I tried using substitutes but of course it
> throws all the formatting off, nothing fits in the text boxes now.  I
> went to the Scribus website and tried a few of the links and didn't
> get anywhere.  Is there a way to get the fonts that is easy and
> hopefully free?  Thanks!

Hi Alison,

Scribus has a feature called "Collect for Output" (File > Collect for Output)
with an option to include fonts in the directory/folder you choose to save
your project. If you save the directory to a USB stick, you can use your SLA
file and the fonts on any computer -- provided Scribus is installed, of
course.

HTH

Christoph