[scribus] Gimp is missing

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Sat Dec 19 00:21:46 CET 2009

hi donna,

> Love the program - am TRYING to use it to make a brochure and am
> having problem with importing an SVG image from Inkscape 0.47.  When
> I copied the image and pasted it and when I imported it (yes I tried
> ti oth ways) to an image box that I created in Scribus, it says Gimp
> is Missing.  Gimp is not missing.

you should import SVGs trough "file > import > get vector file"

on the other side, if you're using an OS like microsoft windows you may
have to tell scribus where to find Gimp (but you don't need gimp to
import SVGs)
the path to gimp must match the place where gimp is installed.

> I know all of you are busy and are probably tired of people like me
> that don't really know more about the Scribus program other than how
> to enter text into the text boxes.  So if any of you can help me
> figure out what I need to do to get them to play nice with each
> other, would you please list the process in very simple, step by step
> terms (it can't be too dummied down for me).  Please don't say -
> Associate x with z - cause then I'll be wondering how associations
> are done.
>
> So, please help me if you can - if not - have a good holiday season -

please consider registering to the mailing list if you want further help