[scribus] Flush Right - WordPerfect Style

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Fri Dec 18 16:49:51 CET 2009

On Thursday 17 December 2009 18:04:36 Jonathan Kreider wrote:
> Got my hopes up.  Just to have them dashed.  The problem is that since all
> the text is on the same line, it is part of the same paragraph.  And each
> paragraph can only have one style.
>
> But I appreciate all the ideas and discussion.
>
> thanks,
> Jonathan

In TeX, including LaTeX, a font change can be inserted in the middle of a
line.  And in Scribus it is possible in the story editor to highlight some
text and change the characteristics (font, font size etc.) of just the
highlighted text.  You don't need a style at all.

I don't see a useful application of such a model, except perhaps in a table of
contents.  But I have done the opposite in a book galley cover in Scribus. Two
identical text frames abut each other, on left and right. The text in the left
hand frame is flush right. and the text in the right hand frame is flush left.
Pretty easy.
--
John Culleton
"Create Book Covers with Scribus"