[scribus] Flush Right - WordPerfect Style

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Fri Dec 18 01:56:48 CET 2009

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 17:05:49 -0700
"D. R. Evans" <doc.evans at gmail.com> dijo:

>Jonathan Kreider said the following at 12/17/2009 04:12 PM :
>> I'm sure that would work.  The learning curve is a bit steep.  It
>> almost seems more involved than setting the tabs.
>
>I just did:
>\parindent=0pt
>left stuff \hfill right stuff\break
>more left \hfill more right
>
>which seems about as easy as one is likely to get. But maybe that's a
>matter of opinion on which reasonable people can differ.

For me there is still a learning curve because I do not know LaTeX.
Also, I don't see how you can do this to a story that you import from
OOo. It's a Render Frame, not a regular text frame.

However, it sure does work a treat to produce a frame with left and
right aligned text on the same line. You can drag the frame to change
its width and the text remains aligned to the left and right edges of
the frame.

And Jonathan, the way you do it is Insert > Render Frame, then follow
the instructions in the frame. If it doesn't work it may be because you
don't have the LaTeX stuff installed that Render Frame requires. Go to
File > preferences > External Tools and look at the Render Frame
options drop-down.