[scribus] Question about text flow

TSH tsh.gmane at miserableoldgit.me.uk
Tue Dec 8 02:04:40 CET 2009

Yevgenia Casale wrote:

> Hi, I need to import text into a multi-page document using the 'linked
> frames' option. When I try to save to PDF with each page being a separate
> file, it gives me an error saying that the text is linked from frame to
> frame. I understand why I get the error but, am wondering how to get
> around it short of cutting and pasting 86 pages.

If you are using Linux, a workaround would be to save the document as a
single PDF file, then use PDF Toolkit to split it into separate pages with
this command:

$ pdftk yourfile.pdf burst

(for simplicity, change to the directory that yourfile.pdf is in, first).

You may need to install pdftk first, but it has other features, and is a
useful toolkit to have.

--
Stewart H

Posting via Gmane