[scribus] receving error message "can not write the file" (pdf)

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Mon Dec 7 18:00:51 CET 2009

On Monday 07 December 2009 07:09:50 Judy Maurer wrote:
> I'm using scribus version 1.3.3.13 running on windows. I'm on a
deadline.
> When I use "export" and then use "save as pdf" A dialogue box
comes up with
> a list of errors, although none very serious. I hit "ignore errors"
and
> then another dialogue box comes up.  I hit "save" and then I get
the  error
> message.
>

> I'm hoping someone can help me quickly - I've searched prior
postings,
> faqs, etc. Thanks!
>

> Judy

What OS? Offhand it sounds like you are trying to write to a folder
where you don't have write permissions.  On Linux you sign  on as
"root"  and cd to the directory just above the one you are writing
to. To free up directory "foo" the statement is
chmod 777 foo
If you have windows I don't know how you fix it.
--
John Culleton
"Create Book Covers with Scribus"