[scribus] Elusive double arrow handle

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Thu Dec 3 04:33:08 CET 2009

> I can't for the life of me figure out how to grab the double arrow
> handle so I can enlarge/reduce the size of text blocks or photos. Is
> there a setting to make it more accessible? When I try it, I have to
> sneak up on it then quickly click the mouse. Most of the times the
> arrow changes and I'm moving the block instead of being able to reduce
> it. Is it a Windows setting?
> Tom Connolly

Hi,

I am not sure of the behavior on Windows, but suggest that it maybe a
matter of practice, or fine tuning your mouse settings

Place the mouse in the frame, a hand should appear

Move the mouse/hand down to the frame border, note there are 8 red
squares on the frame.

Move the mouse along the frame border, note how the hand changes when
it hits one of the red square markers

Note that using the mouse is good for rough placement, just press F2,
and work on the xyz properties for precise placement

--

Owen