[scribus] Install 1.3.5.1 on OpenSuse 11.1

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Tue Dec 1 23:31:02 CET 2009

On Tue, 01 Dec 2009 09:42:18 +0100
"a.l.e" <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch> wrote:

> dear john jason
> > I know there is a page somewhere on scribus.net explaining how to add the
> > scribus.debian.org repositories for Debian people. But at the moment Google has
> > me so frustrated I can't even find that page. Maybe there aren't even
> > instructions there for RPM folks.

> no, the debian page does not explain how to install rpms. it explains
> how to add the scribus repositories to a debian system (and other .deb
> based distributions).
>
> certainly, it would be nice if the explaination written by christoph
> this morning, would be on a
>
> http://www.scribus.net/?q=opensuse
>
> page...
> but that page does not exist yet.

Yes it would be good to add that to the wiki. I have had my wiki account set up
for some time, but haven't used it yet. Maybe this is time for me to add
something to the wiki.

However, before I do, I need to figure out why it won't launch. From the command
line I get:

scribus: symbol lookup error: scribus: undefined symbol:
_ZNK7QString7indexOfER7QRegExpi

No point in putting instructions on the wiki if they don't work. :)